Sunday, October 14, 2012

Blue & Purple Marble

This post should have came in earlier but then I was caught up with my exams and birthdays. So, Sunday morning here I am blogging my pending posts.

Last Tuesday, my friend brought her good friend over to my place as her friend has come over to Medan for a visit. And she wanted to get her pedi done before she leaves the next day.

I had no idea at first on what I should do for her toe nails. 

Dry marbling is pretty nice, fast, long lasting and pretty awesome too. 

I chose two colors, which are dark royal blue and a beautiful silky purple color. And white for the swirls to made of.

To do this dry marbling is pretty easy. There are two types of dry marbling I came across.

First, you can use a sandwich plastic wrap or any easy to work with plastic wraps or bag. Then paint on the bag few or two if you like to limit them. To create designs, use a toothpick and drag the polish when Its still wet to your desired pattern.As you wait for the marbling pattern to dry, paint a choice of your color with a base coat color. Once the polish on the plastic bag is dried and when the base color is slightly still wet/tacky, cut out or paste the dry marbling that you should easily be able to peel it off. Use tweezers to help you tuck in the sides of the marbling to the nail. Once that is done, protect the nail with a top coat and this will help you to prevent from chipping.

The second version is the one I use and this is much faster process. After applying a base coat and wait for it to dry completely, paint one half of the nail with one color and the other half with another color. Then, quickly use a white or other color that you prefer, place small dots on the still wet polish and use a safety pin or toothpick ans swirl the white dots around the nail and make your desire pattern.

Here's the picture to my dry marbling.



I hope you like the mani. Drop your comments below on what you think of this mani.

Thanks for reading.



1 comment:

  1. ?body=https%3A%2F%2Fwww.facebook.com%2Fphoto.php%3Ffbid%3D519985548030281%26l%3D885e85b3d7&subject=Wall%20Photos
    Here is the link for the plastic bag no water marble. This is nice for colors that won't spread nice in the water. Thank you <3

    ReplyDelete